This is the table of contents for my translation of the Japanese SF web novel “Japan: A New Age” by Tasogarenin (黄昏人) .
— Science is the ultimate game changer —
A super genius in the form of a young boy appears in modern day Japan.
With his help, cold fusion along with ultra-efficient batteries and motors become a reality, ending dependence on fossil fuels. As a result, Japan’s industries and its society itself goes through a monumental revolution. He goes on to help solve problems including the prediction and prevention of earthquakes and the cleanup of radiation from disasters like the Fukushima Nuclear Accident.
Furthermore, thanks to the invention of the gravity engine, Japan takes to space and begins exploring other planets.
How will Earth’s expansion into the galaxy unfold?
This novel tells a tale which harkens back to the Golden Age of Science Fiction (1940s-50s) from a uniquely realistic point of view by leveraging modern day science.
- Chapter 1: Encounter (translation, original)
- Chapter 2: Startup (translation, original)
- Chapter 3: Government Negations (translation, original)
- Chapter 4: Development Begins (translation, original)
- Chapter 5: Junpei’s Transfer (translation, original)
- Chapter 6: The Start of Development and Unforeseen Aftereffects (translation, original)
- Chapter 7: Development stage one complete (translation, original)
- Chapter 8: Construction Begins (translation, original).
- [other chapters not yet translated]
You can see the original Japanese table of contents here which contains the original synopsis.
Note: The original title to this story is: “Revolution（科学の力で日本を変革、そして宇宙へ)”